Saturday 12 November 2011

Santa's round the Corner!

Dashing through the snow, in a one horse open sleigh!
42 sleeps, 42 sleeps, 42 sleeps, 42 sleeps, 42 sleeps. Okay, I may be a little too excited, but who could blame me?
Christmas for me means many things;
Advent calendars
Mince Pies
Church
Heavily scented candles
Snow- or lack of
Family
Sitting by the fire
Christmas Trees
and preeeeeeesents.

I don't even mind the fact that there is enough Christmas paraphernalia in the shops and on TV to knock some one flat on their back... it's only November 12th.
It comes at this time of year when people show there true colours. Good or evil. Kind or Unkind. Believers or Non-believers, of Santa that is. Cynics and people who have hearts.You don't have to be five to still believe! Yes, he may not be "real", But if I still get this excited at the thought of Christmas, then a fictional character does have a place in my heart, and is therefore real. FACT. Well, sort of.
From this list of good or evil, I am excusing mothers. Not lightly. It is true they have more on their hands like the cooking, the cleaning, the present-buying, the in-laws and the rest, so I don't solely blame them if the thought of Christmas isn't as much as a joy to them as it is for me. However, 95% of women will have to go through that, and once you have reached a certain age, you get carted from household to household eating their mince pies and drinking their mulled wine, so quit your complaining, we all have to do it!

You never know, I may read this in 20 years and think, what am I thinking, but for now, at the start of November, roll on hibernation in a Quality Street tin!


No comments:

Post a Comment