Friday 11 November 2011

The Quilted Jacket.

Whether this is happening everywhere or just in my part of the woods recently I don't know, but everyone, and I mean everyone, seems to have purchased a quilted jacket. I think generally they are a nice style, I like the fitted look and the country gentry feel of them, but SO many people have them. Why?
The Topshop effect. I'm fairly sure.
It's a domino effect that starts with the catwalks, goes straight into Topshop and gradually drips through to H&M, Debenhams, New Look, and now an all time low, Tesco. Yes, Tesco have been selling quilted jackets.
But did it start with the catwalks?
Like I said, I appreciate the quilted jacket style BUT I distinctly remember my Gran wearing one from Tweedmill, (a lovely shop which sells wellies, has a tea room, and is often swamped with the more mature of the population).
So whether or not you fall for the Topshop effect, just think about where its true roots come from. A grannies wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment